Mark your Calendars for Willis & The Illist – Bob Marley Tribute band on February 3rd at Firefly Bar & Grill.
Proceeds will benefit the Hope Town Elementary School.
We are sending our best to those already touched by Irma and those in its path.
Please take caution, make a plan and be safe!
PLEASE NOTE FIREFLY SUNSET RESORT WILL BE CLOSED SEPTEMBER 19th THROUGH OCTOBER 3rd
AND REOPEN ON OCTOBER 4th.
It must be a hot one this year.
We’ve gotten lots of fun photos of our Firefly family enjoying cold refreshing Firefly cocktails.
Stay cool and keep sippin’! Cheers!
We could not be more in love with these photos from a recent Firefly Sunset Resort Wedding.
Nicole Colwell Photography did an AMAZING job at capturing this day for Liza & Matt.
We wish them both the best in their new journey!
Ready to head to the sea and catch some tasty crawfish? Here’s the facts to know before you dive in from our friends at The Abaconian:
– Crawfish season opens on the morning of August 1st and closes on March 31st in The Bahamas; no exceptions.
– All spiny lobsters caught and retained must have a minimum 5 1/2 inch tail or 3 1/4 inch carapace length
– Possession of egg bearing females is prohibited, as is removing the eggs
– Spear guns and SCUBA are prohibited for catching any fishery resource in The Bahamas
– Spearfishing within 200 yards of any shoreline in the Family Islands (e.g. Abaco) is illegal
– Air compressors (hookahs) are only acceptable for fishing use by Bahamian citizens who are: (1) holding a current Department of Marine Resources permit to do so, and (2) within depths of 30-60ft and during the dates of the open crawfish season (August 1 – March 31).
– Visiting sport fishermen (those who are not citizens or residents) are limited to a catch of 10 crawfish per vessel at any time. Sport fishermen are also prohibited from using hookah to catch any fishery resource. Sport fishermen are allowed to use spears only if it is specified on your fishing permit; make sure to request this from the relevant officer at entry.
All regulatory information has been obtained from The Bahamas Fisheries Resources (Jurisdiction and Conservation) Regulations, Ch 244, section 19 (available at laws.bahamas.gov.bs).Please direct any questions about fishing regulations or reports of poaching to your local Department of Marine Resources officer.
Firefly Sunset Resort is NOW BOOKING for the 5th Annual Patrick Davis Hope Town Songwriters’ Festival to be held February 13-18, 2018.
As always The Firefly Sunset Resort will be the main location for the event, but the fest will also hold shows at The Abaco Inn, Hope Town Inn and Marina, Sea Spray Resort and Marina & The Harbour’s Edge!!
This year’s songwriters are a who’s who of the Nashville hitmaker community with a grand total of 15 writers, singers & performers. Visit our website for a complete list of performers.
And book your stay with us today! s, schedule, sponsors and more!!
We love when we get user submitted photos. It’s always nice to see the experience our guests have from their perspective. While there are so many amazing photos you all share here are just a few of our favorites from this Spring and early Summer.
Come back and see us soon!